Moss and Company - FRAUD, MIS REPRESENTATION, PROVIDING FALSE INFORMATION TO THE CITY INSPECTORS, RENTING UNINHABITABLE UNITS TO THE TENANTS
MY WIFE & I MOVED TO 5101 BALBOA BLVD., APT.# XXX ENCINO, CA 91316 ON 08/01/2015.AFTER WE MOVED IN WE NOTICED THERE ARE SOME REPAIRS SUCH AS CENTRAL AIR NOT FUNCTIONING , HEATING & COOLING NOT FUNCTIONING, DISHWASHER NOT WORKING, UNIT WAS NOT PAINTED, LOW WATER PRESSURE & NO HOT WATER, ALL FIRST FLOOR AND SECOND FLOOR WINDOWS & PATIO SLIDING DOORS WERE SHOT CLOSED & DID NOT OPEN, MASTER BATHROOM DOOR DID NOT CLOSE DUE TO WRONG SIZE DOOR, MASTER BEDROOM CLOSET DOOR DID NOT CLOSE DUE TO WRONG SIZE DOOR, INSIDE MEDICINE CABINETS IN BOTH BATHROOMS WERE RUSTED, BALCONY RAIL WAS NOT PAINTED & IT WAS RUSTED, DISHWASHER DID NOT FUNCTION, AIR CONDITIONER WAS NOT WORKING, UNIT WAS RENTED WITH HEATED SWIMMING POOL WHICH WAS NOT HEATED & HAD NONE WORKING LIGHTS, JACUZZI HAD MOLDS & GROWING FUNGUS ALL AROUND & NONE WORKING LIGHTS, MEN'S DRY SAUNA'S HEATER DID NOT WORKED, WOMEN'S SAUNA WAS NOT ACCESSIBLE DUE TO A DEAD BOLT ON THE DOOR WITH NO KEY GIVEN TO THE TENANT, OUTSIDE LAND ESCAPING THERE WAS NONE INSIDE THE COMPLEX BUILDING THAT WAS PROMISED AT THE TIME OF SIGNING THE LEASE, ACTIVITY ROOM WINDOWS WERE SHOT CLOSED & HAD NO VENTILATION SYSTEM, GYM WAS HAZARDOUS & HAD A BROKEN WALL MIRROR, GUEST WAITING AREA WAS DIRTY MOST OF THE TIME & HAD A UNSAFE BROKEN WALL MIRROR, GATED BUILDING (FRONT & GARAGE) HAD BROKEN FRONT ENTRY DOOR MOST OF THE TIME THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE LOCKED, EXPOSED ELECTRICAL WIRING ALL AROUND & INSIDE THE COMPLEX BUILDING, FIRE EXTINGUISHERS INSIDE THE BUILDING & GARAGE DID NOT HAVE SAFETY HAMMERS FOR BRAKE IN FOR EMERGENCY PURPOSES, EVIDENCE OF ILLEGAL SUBSTANCE ABUSE IN THE COMMON AREA.
WE CONTACTED THE SEVERAL DIFFERENT RESIDENT MANAGERS THAT CAME & LEFT MULTIPLE TIMES (RITA, LINDA, LAURA, RACHEL, DIANA, KELLY, CHRIS GRAY & THE BROKER OF THE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT TAMKIN RONALD PHILLIP) WHOM DID NOT TAKE THESE REPAIR REQUESTS & CONCERNS UNDER CONSIDERATION & NO ACTION WAS TAKEN. WE REPORTED THESE ISSUES TO THE CITY INSPECTOR & CODE ENFORCEMENT IN OCTOBER 2015 CASE# 546818 & CASE# 548401, NOVEMBER 2015, DECEMBER 2015, FEBRUARY 2016 CASE# 563550 & APRIL 2016 CASE# 569741. THESE ISSUES WERE NOT FIXED & THE MOSS & COMPANY INC. PROVIDED THE CITY INSPECTOR WITH FALSE AND FRAUDULENT INFORMATION & PICTURES VIA E-MAIL IN ORDER FOR THE CITY INSPECTOR TO CLOSE THE INVESTIGATIONS.
I PROVIDED THE CITY INVESTIGATOR WITH THE RIGHT INFORMATION & CORRECT PICTURES TO RE-OPEN THEIR INVESTIGATION, WHICH WAS CLOSED & SATISFIED BASED ON FALSE INFORMATION. ON MAY 12, 2016 MY WIFE WAS CONTACTED BY CHRIS GRAY (THE VP) & HE MADE A PROPOSAL THAT IF WE LEAVE THE RESIDING PROPERTY HE WILL TERMINATE THE BALANCE OF OUR LEASE WHICH WAS TWO MONTHS LEFT (JUNE & JULY) & HE WILL FORGIVE THE BALANCE OF OUR LEASE. HE STATED HE WILL REFUND OUR FULL SECURITY DEPOSIT OF $2500 AND PROVIDE US WITH $5000 MOVING COSTS. WE INFORMED CHRIS GRAY ON MAY 14, 2016, WE HAD SECURED ANOTHER PLACE FOR US.
ON MAY 25, 2016 WE MOVED OUT. ON JUNE 1, 2016 WE E-MAILED CHRIS GRAY & LAURA THE RESIDENT MANAGER TO MEET US IN THE APARTMENT TO RECEIVE THE KEYS, WHICH NO ONE SHOWED UP. WE WAITED UNTIL JULY 08, 2016, AND WE NEVER RECEIVED OUR FULL SECURITY DEPOSIT OF $2500 NOR THE $5000 MOVING COSTS TOTAL OF $7500 MOSS & COMPANY INC PROMISED US OR ANY LETTERS INDICATING WHY HE DID NOT SEND US THE PROMISED MONEY. I WAITED TILL JULY 08, 2016, THEN I FILED SMALL CLAIMS COURT CASE # 16VXXXXXXX WITH VAN NUYS COURTHOUSE AND ON SEPTEMBER 13, 2016, I WAS AWARDED THE FULL $7500 BY HONORABLE JUDGE RICHARD F.
WALMARK.TO THIS DATE I AM STILL WAITING ON CHRIS GRAY TO SEND US THE $7500 HE PROMISED US, WHICH THE JUDGE ORDERED HIM TO PAY & HE REFUSES TO PAY.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Fraud misrepresentation false information
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Real Estate
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "They knew about the leaking roof and covered it up with paint. After I moved in, I found the leaking roof to be so significant. The ridge vent was to..."
- "I have been renting a 1bed 1bath apartment for 3 1/2 yrs and my first time and worst experience I've ever dealt with, very bad company pama management apartments. The..."
- " It is very difficult to find a short term rental house in Southern California. I was working with a local So Cal realtor to help us find a..."
- "I have been a great customer of Amazon.com for a very long time, it must have been at least 10+ years. I have purchased everything from little things to..."
- "BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE. A SELLER SOLD ME A WATCH AND WHEN IT ARRIVED IT WAS NOT EVEN THE SAME WATCH, NOR WAS IT AUTHENTIC. I RETURNED IT TO TRADESY AND..."
- "NastyGal is such a rip-off website! NastyGal's prices are WAY over inflated compared to other stores!!! I don't know how women fall for it! It's not like you're paying premium..."
- "So I have submitted a receipt from door dash online that states what I have ordered. When I got my food it was the complete opposite. I ordered a mac..."
- "I first spoke with chat agent Peter. He gave me the part numbers of the LED headlights that supposedly fit my Subaru. I made the purchase and three..."
- "I HAVE USED FROM YOU FLOWERS 3 TIMES. THE 1ST TIME I SENT 3 PLANTS TO TN. I SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE ON BEING SATISFIED SINCE 1 OF THE..."