Moss and Company - 15 years tenant in Hollywood CA FORCED OUT for NO REASONS by MOSS & Company

Update added by user Sep 05

So Nicole Panucci evicted me after 15 years to be able to move her friends in my apartment, next to hers.This is absolutely disgusting.

She basically destroyed my life by evicting me of my home of 15 years to have her friends moving in my place.

Moss & company allowed and supported her in her decision when they should have step in and put a stop to her selfish uncalled for decision.Instead she should have got fired.

Update added by user Sep 03

Moss & Company refused categorically to communicate with us and claimed to be harassed by us just trying to reach out and solve the issue.Nicole Panucci also refused any communication with us and never reconsidered her decision to evict us.

So we moved out.

It was extremely difficult to find a new place that will have met all of our expectations, and we did not. The new place is horrible too close to 101 freeway noise and dust are constant... of course we are paying way more in rent for a place I despise everything about.

The first night at the new place I broke down sobbing and everyday it is a battle to not let the tears overwhelm me.

In few words I am miserable, feel trap in a tiny box, claustrophobic and being exposed to lead poisoning with recurring daily headaches due to the freeway proximity. I miss my home, my neighborhood every day to the point of tearing up every day… I can’t really explain it but I feel I still belong in my old apartment, I still call it home because that is where my heart is and has been for 15 years.

Today I learned that Nicole Panucci made arrangement to move friends of hers into my apartment. I am so depressed and disgusted that she was able to evict us for no reasons after 15 years and refuse to accept it let alone get over it.

I don't understand how I ended up there and why. I never did anything to deserve being treated this way. I was happy for the past 15 years, responsible and comfortable. All of the sudden it all changed because of one person N.

Panucci deciding I had to go for no reasons.What she did without even thinking should be criminal!

Update added by user Jul 23

The termination of tenancy still standing with August 17th as our deadline to move out, our rent check for July 2016 was rejected (see photo) by our incompetent & vindictive manager Nicole Panucci acting in full authority as a Moss & Company agent.

The reason for the rejection: the check was for the wrong amount of $1,853.61 (full rent) instead of the pro-rated amount of $653.61 like the revised rent letter indicated.

So we paid July rent in full still foolishly hoping to not have to move for no reasons. Our payment was made on time like always, voided and mailed back to us. Once received, we issued another check for the exact amount of $653.61 and moving suddenly became real.

I logged in my resident account via Moss & Company secure café resident portal and noticed I still had an outstanding balance of $25 for late fees!

Moss & Company calls it the best customer service in the industry!

Over the last couple months, we have tried to reach out to Moss & Company, explaining our situation, apologizing and offering a rational resolution. To this day Moss & Company remains silent just like their agent/manager Nicole Panucci. Both have categorically refused any and all communications with us.

They do not care about their residents at all, they disdain/resent them so much they are incapable & unwilling to talk to their tenants to work out issues & problems.

HARASSMENT, unreasonable EVICTIONS, fraudulent charges, RENT INCREASES with no improvements, upgrades or even basic, by law required maintenances are what Moss & Co. thrives to provide their residents - the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE in the industry! #Itspersonal - you bet it is!

#unethical #immoral and should be #criminal that is the Moss & Company and their agents’ way….@MossCompanyPropertyMgt

Update added by user Jul 05

Moss & subjecting us (tenants) to so much unexpected and unjustified stress and hardship in the middle of a housing crisis with a shortage of affordable available homes/apartments for absolutely no reasons.

In 15 years we NEVER PAID OUR RENT LATE, in 15 years our checks NEVER bounced…

In 15 years Moss & Co. replaced the dishwasher, NEVER REPAINTED our apartment, and NEVER CHANGED THE CARPET…

but in 15 years Moss & Co. RAISED OUR RENT of more than $600 (that is 50% increase of our original rent of $1,200) each time taking pride in providing excellent services and a pleasant place to live (what a joke!).

Being harassed by Moss & Co. incompetent building manager Nicole P.

and then handed a 60 day notice of termination of tenancy for no reasons is what Moss & CO STRIVES to provide us. HARASSMENT AND EVICTION are what Moss & Co. calls excellent services and a pleasant place to live. #Itspersonal - you bet it is!

#unethical #immoral #criminal that is the Moss & Co.

Update added by user Jul 03

I now have been looking for a new place to move to for couple of months and it's not looking too promising...especially if I want to stay in Hollywood, my neighborhood, my home for the past 15 years.

I must say the timing for this eviction could not be worst that it is now. Los Angeles is deep in a housing crisis with a shortage of affordable homes/apartments for rent. I read somewhere that the rents increased 40% in the last couple of years, count $2,500/month for a small 2 bedrooms, $1,500 to 2,000/month for a 1 bedroom or more, a lot more (nothing under $2,500/month for a studio) if you are looking at the new recently build luxury condos’ buildings.

Another reason for so few available places to rent at such an expensive price is Airbnb.

I pretty much figured out that every apartment buildings in Hollywood have at least one unit if not more than one, exclusively reserved to list on Airbnb only.

As my deadline is approaching (august 17th), my anxiety level is increasing to the panic level and the stress associated sometimes seems unbearable. My depression is creeping back as well, some days I wake up sobbing, by the time I have my coffee I am in tears.

I am stuck in limbo, going in a circle over my few less than perfect options.

I paid July rent in full but my check might get rejected like one notice I was given indicates.I am terrified to have nowhere to go comes the 17th I might be homeless.

Update added by user Jun 24

Moss & Company took over the management of the building I already lived in. I had no choice and did not choose to rent from them.

Original review posted by user Jun 23

Moss motto 'Your home is our business' should be follow by 'It will cost you until you leave' because your home is clearly not yours but theirs & you are paying rent for their luxury to make you miserable before they simply kick you out. So don't get too comfortable, Moss does not want you to stay too long. If you do stay, your rent will go up each & every years (about 10%) while your living conditions deteriorate until you had had enough & leave. In my case well my last rent increase was of $200, I was not happy about it but still able to afford it so they just served me with a 60 day Notice of Termination of Tenancy no reasons necessary (the building is not rent control) I just have to go!

For the past 15 years, I have been living in an apartment building in Hollywood taken over by Moss & Company. We have an on-site but not available, useless, ignorant & rude manager Nicole P. that seems to always be the last one aware of any problems in the building & will blame you (since you are the one reporting the issue, you are most likely to blame) first for it rather to properly address it. Each & every repairs are addressed with no urgency & with the absolute cheapest solution possible, cheapest labor, cheapest materials/equipment’s & ultimately don't last. If you have the misfortune to report the same problem to her, she will threaten passing the cost of repairs onto you since it’s your fault.

Moss & manager have absolutely no respect or regards for long term tenants other than each year raising our rent as they downgrade our living conditions. In 15 years, I never was late paying my rent, NEVER. I always complied with the rules & kept to myself. Couple years ago I finally had the courage to request new carpet & new paint, both being way past due. Moss responded by conducting an inspection of my apartment to determine if I really needed new carpet & paint. The fact that it has been over 10 years neither were changed was apparently not good enough for them to make the decision was kind of insulting along with Moss telling me they do not own the building & need the owner permission for such an expense. In the end you probably guessed it, neither were approved. The manager few years back had her floors redone & walls repainted, how nice…

Another example of Moss making improvements: They changed the intercom system to access the building (was working fine but old) & refused to list an accurate directory of the building apartments making it now (for months) impossible for delivery personnel or the mailman to successfully enter the building to deliver packages/mail. This is the reply I received from the manager when I tried to have us listed as 'APT 404 call 44': 'The only options are last name or the way it is now. Unfortunately for security reasons no apartments numbers are to be listed.' (Security reasons? Like listing people’s names is more secure?)

Followed by: 'Delivery companies have access, they use last name to find tenant or they have tenant code already. All delivery companies have a relationship with management, & they have been instructed what to do, if they have any questions, due to the relationship with us, they can get access through management.' To this day, the mailman calls me to access the building & deliver the mail every day, not the manager, she won't answer the phone, can't be bother with those little annoying details & all those pesky little tenants & their needs. She will make sure you know your place & lies about pretty much everything.

Now I love living in my apartment & despite our manager & our rent going up regularly, I had no plan to move out, at least not yet since I have been fortunate enough to afford living here & very much feel part of my community/neighborhood. I had also no idea that living in a non-rent control building gives me absolutely no rights as a tenant, like the right to not be evicted for no reasons as long as I pay my rent & respect the rules.

Unfortunately our manager & Moss have decided otherwise & AFTER 15 YEARS FOR NO REASONS other than the manager lies, WE ARE BEING FORCED OUT with a sudden 60 day Notice of termination of tenancy. AGAIN WE HAVE DONE NOTHING that would require such a DRASTIC DECISION, to Moss business as usual. A rotten company employing a rotten manager that thrives on making your living conditions miserable with false accusations, lies & harassment.

As a financially responsible & reasonable tenant, you are clearly disposable to Moss, even paying your rent on time for the past 15 years does not get you any respect. They have no problem kicking you out for no reasons & could care less about disrupting with your livelihood.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Building manager
    • Moss business practices
    • Moss greediness

Reason of review:
Forced to move for no reasons.
Preferred solution:
Moss & Company allows us to stay in our apartment as long as we can afford to pay the rent and follow the rules like we have always done.
Monetary loss:
Review category
Real Estate
review #870498 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Moss and Company? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 17 #1228123 Pretoria, Gauteng

you can file a complaint with the department of real estate in los angeles.
you can also file with the attorney general Kamala Harris and the city attorneys office.
you can also file with the los angeles housing department as evicting a tenant for unjust cause can perhaps mean they can lose the certification for occupancy.
if you file with the dept of real estate make sure you enclose all documents with complaint forms.

0 0 Reply

Jun 24 #1177503 Los Angeles, California

Have not left yet, have to be out by August 17... I do have a lawyer but so far it has not helped... the termination of tenancy is still standing...

1 0 Reply

Jul 14 #1185075 Los Angeles, California

They cannot evict you for no reason. If the said attorney isn't helping move on to another and please teach bastards like Moss a lesson.

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.